Last updated: Jan 01, 2019
AIM: To provide a fair and transparent framework for providing refunds to students in the event of cancellation of a course either by the student or by the instructor.
COURSE CANCELLATION POLICY
Instructors make every effort to promote their courses in order to achieve a minimal number of student registrations for each course.
However, on occasion courses will need to be cancelled:
- When minimum registrations are not achieved the instructor may need to cancel or postpone a class. In those circumstances the instructor must advise of the cancellation of the course two (2) weeks prior to the course start date.
- Instructors teaching Horse courses will need to give consideration to the predicted weather conditions, as Horse courses are not appropriate when the weather is very cold or very wet. Poor weather conditions may result in Horse courses being postponed by the Instructor within 48 hours of the course date.
In either of these circumstances registered students have the choice of having their full course fee returned or applying their course fee towards their next convenient course with any instructor.
ETUK recognises that students may also be required to cancel a class they have registered for after they have already paid a deposit or the full course price:
- If this occasion arises where a student elects to cancel a course and notifies the instructor more than 21 days prior to the course, then the student’s course fee and deposit will be fully refunded.
- If the student cancels within 20 – 2 days (i.e. 48 hours) of the course, 50% of the course fee will be refunded.
- Course fees are forfeited for cancellations within 48 hours of the course start date.
In order to reduce out of pocket expenses, it is recommended that all students make changeable, or refundable accommodation and travel arrangements and/or arrange their own insurance to cover course cancellations.