EMM-Tech Tutor Training
EMM-Tech Tutor Training. The opportunity to spread the word about the EMMETT Technique.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible to put yourself forward for EMM-Tech Tutor training you must have completed the full EMMETT Technique Practitioner training to Module 6 Review OR have your Module 6 Review booked and in plan shortly after the Tutor Training date. All Full EMMETT Practitioners are free to attend this full, exciting, extra day of training to discover whether or not they have what it takes to teach EMM-Tech to others. Attendance on the day doesn't automatically guarantee acceptance as a Tutor. It is not for everybody. But your technique and finesse will benefit enormously across all 11 moves by putting a teachers hat on for the day, being careful with the clarity of your finger positions and being forced to clearly articulate how to do each move to others. It completes the "see one, feel one, do one......teach one" learning cycle. And as such is a valuable addition to your EMMETT Training.
What is EMM-Tech?
It is a short 8 hour course that includes 11 EMMETT releases. It is taught in a way that makes it suitable for anyone to learn - no massage tables, no anatomy charts, no anatomical language. It is the realisation of Ross's vision of his technique being taken to the wider community so individuals can look after themselves, their family and friends.
EMM-Tech Tutors teach their clients, friends, family, colleagues or local community members in small groups - anything from just 2 to 10 people. It is a fun filled day and everybody gets to see the wow factor. And being the one to show it is the biggest thrill!
Which EMMETT Releases are taught on the EMM-Tech Course
- Sternocleidomastoid (SCM) to free up neck rotation problems.
- Pectoralis Minor used for shoulder problems, and difficulty reaching the arm behind the body.
- Biceps 2 moves to release the shoulder when there is a restriction on lifting the arm. An excellent tool to help with frozen shoulder and with any biceps strain.
- Forearm release will help improve grip strength. Can also help with elbow problems, and RSI.
- Latissimus dorsi release frees up the arm lift where there is a “dragging” under the arm. Also great for addressing lower back tightness and pain.
- Diaphragm/Abdominal release – to open out the ribcage and help with breathing difficulties. Releases tight abdominal muscles and hunched over posture. Allows people to breathe more easily and deeply.
- ITB release. Quicker and simpler and less painful than massage techniques!
- ITB/Sartorius where there is difficulty squatting and lack of strength in the legs.
- Gastroc/calf for tense tight and fluid filled calves. Also assists balance.
- Foot Balance moves to assist balance and stability. So simple. So effective.
What happens on the Tutor Training day
Tutor Training involves going through all of the 11 moves to make sure you are absolutely clear with them. We show you how to clearly demonstrate each move to others, paying particular attention to the clarity of your finger positions and the words you use. You will practise in groups of 3 teaching each other - 1 person will play Tutor, 1 the audience and 1 the demo body and then everyone will swap over. We don't ask anyone to teach in front of the whole group so fear not.
We also talk about what's involved in setting up a course, running the course, managing the group, the admin involved before and after the course and of course the finances. It is a relaxed day with some like-minded EMMETT therapists.
What happens after the Tutor Training Day
If you enjoy the day and feel and display confidence with the teaching you may progress to the next stage. We don't expect you to be perfect on the day. Continuing your study and practice at home will of course be necessary. The next stage would be connecting with one of our Tutor Mentors - an established EMM-Tech Tutor - whose courses you can attend and practise your teaching with 1 or 2 moves. Once the Mentor feels you're ready to go you will be eligible to sign up to teach your own courses. The Mentor will be assessing your skills: use of clear language, clarity of finger positions and student management.
Financial arrangements for EMM-Tech
The price for the EMM-Tech Tutor Training day training is £100. Upon signing up as a Tutor there is a £60 license fee for a 2 year license plus ongoing payment of 25% of any student fees you collect.
Why be an EMM-Tech Tutor?
EMM-Tech tutoring is a WIN WIN WIN all round!
For the Tutor it's a great way to promote your skills, helping you build your business and increase your client base.
For the community - they get fabulous skills for life.
For EMMETT - the more people who hear and know about the magic of EMMETT the better for everyone!
Interested? Good! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to put your name forward.
We look foward to hearing from you.
Sue & Lesley
EMMETT Therapies UK Directors